GRASS ISN'T ALWAYS GREENER
Because of its many environmental benefits, synthetic turf is naturally a green product. Learn more about how the benefits outweigh natural grass.
- Reserves millions of gallons of water per year
- Excludes dangerous chemicals, pesticides, and fertilizers
- Eradicates the requirement for pollution - producing mowing equipment
- Contributes towards U.S. Green Building Council
LEED 2009 NEW CONSTRUCTION AND MAJOR RENOVATIONS
- We Credit 1.1 Water Efficient Landscaping: Reduce by 50%
- We Credit 1.2: Water Efficient Landscaping: No Potable Water Use or No Irrigation (1 Point in addition to WE Credit 1.1)
Materials & Resources
- MR Credit 5.1: Regional Materials: 10% Extracted, Processed & Manufactured Regionally (1 point)
- MR Credit 5.2: Regional Materials: 20% Extracted, Processed & Manufactured Regionally (1 point in addition to MR Credit 5.1)
INSTALLING SYNTHETIC TURF IS A POSITIVE MOVE FOR WATER CONSERVATION
Residential landscape irrigation is estimated to end up using nearly 9 billion gallons of water each day.
In some regions, outdoor water use can account for up to 70 percent of Augusta private residences' water usage. Between 30,000 and 70,000 gallons of water every year is used to water a 1,000 square foot lawn.
AND IT WILL SAVE MONEY
For a 1,000 square foot installation, this can mean a savings of 70,000 gallons each year, or as much as $350 off the water bill, on its own. Our residential lawn products are warrantied for 15 years, so during the entire life of the lawn, our customers save about $5,250 in water cost.
The mean cost of fertilizers and pesticides for residential spaces in Augusta is $0.20 square foot per year. For a 1,000 sq ft backyard, that results in savings of $200 annually, or $3000 during the entire life of the lawn.
ELIMINATE WASTE AND TIME SPENT ON MAINTENANCE
The EPA estimates that, generally, 33.2 million tons of yard waste were built up per year, the third-largest part of Municipal Solid Waste in landfills. The ordinary resident spends 150 hours each year keeping up the lawn. Artificial turf eliminates that need.